Kylie Jenner Swears By This $7 Nipple Cream For Her Lips, So I Tried It

It's been a while since I've been obsessed with anything Kardashian-Jenner related. Every so often one of the sisters' beauty brands will launch a product that becomes a permanent part of my routine, or I'll discover a clothing item they designed that I can't live without, but that's typically few and far between. However, recently, Kylie Jenner shared a hack that may have just turned my world upside down.

On Sept. 28, Jenner posted a GRWM TikTok video that outlined a day in her life during Paris Fashion Week. Prior to getting her glam done, she calls out a product she swears by: the Lansinoh Lanolin Nipple Cream ($7). As a mom of two, it isn't surprising that she owns a cream that's intended to soothe sore nipples, but she wasn't using the product as it was intended. "Nipple cream for your lips is like the best secret," Jenner says in the video prior to slathering a generous amount all over her lips.

I had never seen a tube of nipple cream prior to this video - let alone used the product on my lips - but after seeing how good the end results looked, I knew I needed to get my hands on it ASAP. Keep scrolling to read my full review of the Lansinoh Lanolin Nipple Cream. (Spoiler alert: the words "nipple cream" have quickly become a permanent fixture on my beauty shopping list.)

About the Lansinoh Lanolin Nipple Cream

  • This product is a nipple cream that promises to replenish essential lipids of the skin.
  • It's made with one ingredient: 100 percent purified lanolin.
  • Lanolin is a wax that is derived from sheep wool.
  • It's hypoallergenic and free from petroleum, parabens, preservatives, and additives.
  • It comes in one size, 1.41 ounces.
@kyliejenner

schiaparelli dayyy

♬ Chill and gentle lo-fi/10 minutes(1455687) - nightbird_bgm

What I Like About the Lansinoh Lanolin Nipple Cream

When it comes to beauty products, lip products are my favorite to test. I'll try almost anything, whether it's a fun lip gloss, a simple liner, or a hydrating mask. I'm constantly applying products to my lips throughout the day, and I always have at least four tubes of something sitting on my desk or in my purse at any given time. I like products that hydrate, long-wearing, non-sticky, and don't leave my lips drier than they were prior to applying.

Although I typically love scented products, I like that the Lansinoh Nipple Cream doesn't have a fragrance or flavor. It isn't gloopy whatsoever, and instead goes on my lips extremely smooth. It makes my mouth look extra shiny - shinier than most of the lip products that are actually made for use around my mouth.

I'm also a mouth taper - meaning I wear tape over my lips at night to force myself to breathe through my nose when I sleep - and I typically wake up with lips that are bone dry. This product is perfect for putting on at bed time right before mouth taping because it lasts a ridiculously long time. I wake up with hydrated lips even after eight full hours of sleep, which is typically no simple feat.

How to Use the Lansinoh Lanolin Nipple Cream

If you're planning on using this as a nipple cream (which I can't comment on, since I've never given birth or breastfed anyone before - unless you count a few of my ex-boyfriends), the brand suggests you soften a pea-sized amount between your fingers and then apply directly to the nipple. You don't have to remove it prior to breastfeeding, which makes sense, since Kylie was legit slathering it all over her mouth.

When I use it, I avoid my nipples altogether and go straight for the lips. I squeeze an extremely tiny amount onto one of my fingers - think half of a pea-size - and then I apply it directly to my mouth. It's great for wearing over lip liner or at night as an occlusive.

What to Consider Before Trying the Lansinoh Lanolin Nipple Cream

One thing to note is that in order to apply this product, you have to dispense it onto a finger first. I don't mind doing this, although I do love a lip product with an applicator made for your lips. The only thing that's a little bothersome is that the cream is pretty thick, so I always end up needing a napkin of some sort to wipe my finger off afterward, which doesn't make it the best product to use whenever I'm out and about. Also worth noting: because the ingredient lanolin is derived from sheep's wool, you should not use this product if you are vegan.

Where the Lansinoh Lanolin Nipple Cream Is Available

The Lansinoh Lanolin Nipple Cream is available on Amazon, Target, and the brand's website.

Rating:



Renee Rodriguez is a staff writer and social producer for PS. She writes across all verticals, but her main areas of expertise focus on fashion and beauty content with an emphasis on reviews and editor experiments. She also produces social content for the PS TikTok and Instagram accounts.


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form