This Ponytail Extension Lasted Through a Double Pilates Class

Judge me if you must, but I'm the type of girl who will go get her hair done in the morning, then head to a Pilates class (or two) straight after. And there is no shame in my game! When I shared this with celebrity hairstylist Andrew Fitzsimons the morning of his salon event for the Andrew Fitzsimons x Bellami 24" Ponytail ($295), his new line of ponytail extensions, he took a second to finish smoothing my hair back, then asked me if I was joking - and I said no. My back-to-back sessions were starting in about an hour and a half, and there was no way I was going to miss them.

I can't blame him for his reaction, though. Opting for a morning hair appointment, then going to workout sounds exceptionally counterproductive. But as a beauty expert - especially in this silly economy - I have no qualms about going to extreme measures to see if a product or service is really worth the hype - or the price.

To deepen the plot, I had a bunch of other things to do that day (including taking a nap), meaning I had little to no time to zhuzh my hair before attending the press dinner he was having later that evening. C'est la vie.

So, would Fitzsimons's new ponytail hair extension be able to hold up? Keep reading to find out.

About the Andrew Fitzsimons x Bellami Ponytail Collection

  • The Andrew Fitzsimons x Bellami Ponytail Collection comes in 23 shades, which include 13 natural colors, along with four highlighted and six balayage options.
  • The ponytail comes in two lengths: 20 inches and 24 inches.
  • It's made from 100 percent Remy human hair.
  • It attaches to the base of your ponytail with a five-tooth comb and an additional hook and wire system.
  • It features an additional strand of hair to wrap around the base to conceal the attachment point.

What I Like About the Andrew Fitzsimons x Bellami Ponytail

The celebrity hairstylist decided to partner with the brand because it's become his go-to for many high-profile clients, including Megan Fox and Jennifer Lopez. "One of my favorite looks to create with clients is a super sleek, snatched pony - both for everyday and red carpet wear," he tells PS. "One of the questions I'm most frequently asked is how to achieve the perfect pony at home, and so working with Bellami on an accessible, ready-to-wear ponytail collection was a natural fit."

The extensions are made with straight-textured 100 percent Remy human hair. However, thanks to the product's high quality, you can use almost any styling method on the hair in order to blend it in seamlessly with a variety of textures. "You can definitely use your hot tools to achieve different looks, whether you curl, crimp, or straighten," Fitzsimons shares.

There's a perfect shade for nearly everyone, making these extensions ideal for anyone who wants to add more density to their pony or take their traditional updo to new heights. And when you're ready to come back down to Earth, you can safely store it in the reusable decorative box it comes in.

My first pilates class wasn't aggressively strenuous - it was mainly focused on balance and flexibility. But the second? That one nearly took me out. The class was a mix of both mat and reformer pilates, with a little barre sprinkled in for good measure.

While it wasn't a walk in the park, I didn't shy away from any of the exercises in order to keep my hair in place. I did what I needed to do and got my money's worth! Yet, both my natural hair and the ponytail stayed in place and looked absolutely flawless at the press dinner.

That said, it's only fair to give Fitzsimon's eponymous hair-care line some credit, too. He used Prism Shine Invisible Shine Hairspray ($16) and the Hard Strong Hold Hairspray ($16) on me - both of which held up throughout my chaotic day. I also have to shout them out for not leaving any residue behind on the throw pillow I napped on midday. Amen.

My Ponytail After 2 Pilates Classes

How to Use the Andrew Fitzsimons x Bellami Ponytail

I had my ponytail extension put in at the salon, but it's super easy to install right at home.

Fitzsimons recommends starting by putting your hair into your preferred pony height, then securing it with a hair tie. Then you'll want to grab the extensions and secure it to your natural hair with the five-tooth inside comb.

"Backcomb a small section at the top of the ponytail for extra hold, and insert the comb between the hair tie and the backcombed piece," he says. "After, wrap the side around with the hook included at the edge to secure the pony in place. Next, wrap the hair wrap strand around the base of your pony, and secure it with a hairpin."

In terms of styling and blending it in your natural hair, the celebrity stylist suggests using a hard-hold hairspray and whichever hot tools or edge gels you prefer to get your desired finish.

What to Consider Before Trying the Andrew Fitzsimons x Bellami Ponytail

When it comes to quality and ease of use, there's no doubt in my mind that this ponytail is worth every dollar. But there are still a few things to keep in mind before adding these extensions to your shopping cart.

If your hair isn't long enough to put into a proper ponytail on its own, it's probably a good idea to grow it out before trying to install these extensions. Also, if you're currently noticing any hair thinning or have been diagnosed with alopecia, it's best to avoid anything that can weigh down or potentially create tension on your natural hair.

Where Is the Andrew Fitzsimons x Bellami Ponytail Available?

The Andrew Fitzsimons x Bellami Ponytail is available exclusively on Bellami.com. It retails at $195 for 20-inches and $295 for 24-inches.

Rating:


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form