This New Tint SPF Lip Balm Is a Summer Must Have

Lip balms are one of my favorite beauty products to test. From deeply hydrating options with peptides that offer a high-shine, glossy finish to conditioning butters that deliver a natural "my lips but better" tint, I'm eager to try them all. Although you'd think there are only so many ways to formulate a hydrating lip balm that offers a beautiful wash of color, Innbeauty Project is stepping it up a notch by adding a dose of SPF protection.

On the heels of its viral and bestselling Mineral Sun Glow Sunscreen, the brand just came out with its Sun Balm SPF 30 Broad Spectrum Lip Balm ($24), and it's my new summer must have for hydrated and protected lips. The mineral-based SPF lip balm provides broad-spectrum UVA and UVB protection, along with a subtle wash of color. Just as we are imperative about applying (and reapplying) sunscreen to our face and body, we need not forget about our lips. This lip balm is supposed to help keep our lips protected by making it easier than ever to reapply throughout the day with its flexible silicone applicator and sheer tint.

Ahead, you can read my in-depth review of Innbeauty Project's Sun Balm SPF 30 and find out why it's worth it.

About Innbeauty Project Sun Balm SPF 30 Broad Spectrum Lip Balm

  • It is an SPF 30 broad-spectrum lip balm formulated with 13.5 percent non-nano zinc oxide.
  • It is also formulated with antioxidants, squalane, jojoba oil, mango butter, and shea butter for a hydrating and conditioning feel.
  • It comes in three glossy shades: Pink (sheer baby pink), Latte (sheer milky chocolate brown), and Rosy Brown (sheer pink mauve).
  • It's vegan and cruelty-free.

What I Like About the Innbeauty Project Sun Balm SPF 30 Broad Spectrum Lip Balm

I've tried my fair share of lip balms that have SPF, and in my experience, I've dealt with subpar textures. Some are too grainy, while others just sit on top of my lips like a film without providing any hydration. Innbeauty Project's Sun Balm feels like a nourishing lip balm comparable to editor favorites like the Laneige Lip Glowy Balm or the bestselling Summer Fridays Lip Butter Balm with its slip and conditioning feel.

This product completely exceeds my expectations when it comes to texture and formulation. I'm shocked by how smooth and soft the balm feels with it being a mineral-based formula. It has conditioning ingredients like squalane, jojoba oil, mango butter, and shea butter that deeply hydrate and moisturize my excessively dry lips. The formula sinks into my lips for a healthy, subtly plump look.

Out of the three sheer and subtly pigmented shades, I gravitate towards Rosy Brown since it complements my complexion effortlessly. Rosy Brown is my ideal "my lips but better" shade, whereas Latte is my true nude. It delivers a wash of color where I don't need to use any additional lip products unless I want to. You can pair it with your favorite lip liner for an everyday "gym lip" look, or wear it over your favorite lipstick for a high-gloss finish and added hydration.

How to Use the Innbeauty Project Sun Balm SPF 30 Broad Spectrum Lip Balm


You can use the Innbeauty Project Sun Balm like any other lip balm. However, since it has a pigmented tint and provides SPF protection, you reap the benefits of it during the day rather than at night for obvious reasons. It's a mainstay in my purse, so I always have it on hand when I need to reapply.

The lip balm has a curved silicone applicator that perfectly hugs your lips, making it easy to dispense the product and blend without going beyond the border of your lips. You can wear it alone, paired with a lip liner, or on top of any other lip combination. To ensure that your lips are as protected as possible from UVA/UVB rays, I highly recommend reapplying the balm to your lips every two hours, just like you would a regular face and body sunscreen. You should also reapply after eating or drinking when the formula has worn off.

What to Consider Before Trying the Innbeauty Project Sun Balm SPF 30 Broad Spectrum Lip Balm


Although I adore the formula of this SPF-packed lip balm, the color choices are limiting, and two out of the three shades made me look a bit washed out, especially when worn alone. However, you can easily fix this issue by applying lip liner or lipstick underneath. In the swatches above, I paired each shade with a brown lip liner, which delivered a more natural look that complemented my complexion. However, I hope the brand releases a few more shades suitable for a wide range of skin tones and undertones.

Where Is the Innbeauty Project Sun Balm SPF 30 Broad Spectrum Lip Balm Available?

The Innbeauty Project Sun Balm SPF 30 Broad Spectrum Lip Balm is available at Sephora and on the brand's site.

Rating:



Anvita Reddy is an assistant editor for PS Shopping. She has a passion for products and is an avid reviewer of everything including furniture, mattresses, home gadgets, cookware, tech, and more. Having dealt with acne as a teenager and into adulthood, her expertise lies in beauty. She has tried and tested plenty of skin care, makeup, hair care, and countless other beauty products.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form