I Tried a Butt Facial, and It Was the Ultimate Treat

Summertime means sun's out, buns out, and I don't know about you, but prepping my behind for its grand appearance has been on my to-do list for quite some time. Having prepped every other inch of my body for beach season, I realized that my butt had been left out of the equation. Out of all my body parts, it's treated less than stellar - from sitting for hours at a time to smushing it into my favorite pair of jeans. For all of that, it deserves the same TLC that the rest of my skin is privy to. So, I decided it was time to treat my behind to some face time by way of a butt facial.

Though I'm not dealing with any specific concerns - I have no butt acne or hyperpigmentation to speak of - I still had some goals for my first treatment. I wanted to unlock smooth, soft, and radiant skin, getting it in tip-top shape for the swimsuit season ahead. And I was in for a treat.

Come along with me for my first (and certainly not last) butt facial.


Expert Featured in This Article

Maria Jaramillo, RN, is a medical aesthetician at Inside Beauty Spa in New York City.


All About My Butt Facial

I visited Inside Beauty Spa in New York City for a luxe butt facial, and it was one of the most relaxing experiences of my life. Though, I must admit it was a little weird to have my butt on full display for all 45 minutes of my treatment. Sure, I've endured waxing and laser hair removal in the past, but this experience felt different; my butt was the main attraction (and would be photographed as such to document each step). The cost of the treatment starts at $350 and can go up from there, depending on what additions you get.

Medical aesthetician Maria Jaramillo, RN, started off by cleansing my butt with a gentle wash to remove any impurities and to prep my tush for all the products and devices to come. This was an incredibly soothing part of the treatment because it included a massage. Afterward, she applied an enzyme foam to help lift any dead skin cells, revealing healthy skin underneath. This step helped to prepare my butt for further exfoliation during the facial.

Once Jaramillo had a nice canvas to work on, she utilized an ultrasonic skin scrubber to remove all the softened dead skin cells left behind by the enzyme foam. "The device uses ultrasonic vibrations to dislodge and lift away dirt and debris from the skin's surface, ensuring a thorough cleansing and making the skin ready for the sea salt exfoliation," Jaramillo tells PS. Though I've had the device used on my face in the past, this was an interesting sensation.

Next, she used The SaltFacial, which is a medical-grade exfoliation device that uses pure, organic sea salt to deeply cleanse your pores, leaving your skin soft and smooth. In this case, it left my butt extremely smooth. "Sea salt is one of nature's oldest and most trusted elements, known for its ability to restore and refine the skin's beauty by removing impurities and promoting a smooth, refreshed appearance," Jaramillo says.

With my butt looking refreshed, or so she told me, Jaramillo then applied a mandelic acid peel. She tailored this step of the facial specifically for me, as it was both gentle and effective enough for my skin type. "Mandelic acid, known for its powerful antibacterial properties and gentle exfoliating abilities, helps combat acne, dull skin, uneven texture, hyperpigmentation, and fine lines and wrinkles. This step promotes cell turnover, leaving the skin looking more even and radiant."

Perhaps my favorite step of the butt facial was the LED light therapy that followed the mandelic peel. This was meant to enhance the benefits of all the other steps that came before it. "The LED light therapy enhances the absorption, improves blood flow, and promotes skin regeneration and collagen production," Jaramillo says. "It is effective in treating redness, rosacea, [and] sun damage, killing acne-causing bacteria, reducing inflammation, and improving overall skin texture." This step in the treatment lasted 10 minutes, and it was so soothing that I fell asleep for a little bit.

The last - and most aesthetically pleasing - step was a collagen mask applied in conjunction with a vitamin C serum. "This combination provides soothing and brightening effects. The collagen helps to plump and hydrate the skin, while the C Glow Serum ($170) brightens and evens out the skin tone, leaving the skin on the butt looking luminous and healthy."

After Jaramillo left the room so I could dress, I snuck a peak at my backside and it looked luminous. Let's just say I wore my most revealing bikini bottoms that weekend at the beach to show off my butt facial results.


Taryn Brooke is a beauty writer and editor born and bred in New York City who has been in digital media for over 10 years. She is a contributing beauty writer for PS, Allure, Byrdie, and Well+Good.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form